University of Louisville Hospital is participating in the ASHP PhORCAS online residency application system. Please see the following link for details:
- Letter of intent to include the following:
- discuss why you want to complete a PGY1 pharmacy residency
- discuss why you are interested in completing the PGY1 pharmacy residency program at UofL Health Care
- share your perceived strengths and weaknesses
- share your short-term goals for the residency year
- discuss your long-term pharmacy career goals
- Curriculum vitae:
- Include descriptions of pertinent employment history, clinical learning experiences, formal presentations, curricular activities, computer skills, honors or awards and activities demonstrating leadership potential.
- Three completed letters of recommendations. The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists’ Residency Applicant Recommendation Request Form may only be used in addition to a letter and submitted online via PhORCAS by writers.
- Official transcript from an accredited College of Pharmacy
Application packet must be received by early January (see details in PhORCAS).
Only completed applications in PhORCAS will be reviewed for selection for onsite review. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview to take place in late January or early February.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact:
Melissa Robertson, Pharm.D., BCPS
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Internal Medicine
Director, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program
530 S. Jackson St.
Louisville, KY 40202